Wednesday, August 02, 2006

More New Wilco: Let's Fight

So I'm back from Washington DC, and finally have the free time on my hands to mindlessly ramble about music over the internet.... almost.

First is Lollapalooza, which I'm excited beyond belief for... its my first festival, and in one of my favorite cities on earth to boot. However, while I'm sitting in eager anticipation back here in the always lovely East Lansing, I thought I'd throw some more of that new Wilco at you.

This is easily one of their stronger new numbers, coming from the same dark place as classics like "She's a Jar" and "At Least Thats What You Said", while adding in a killer synth string thing that feels both refreshingly new and familiar at the same time. My only reservation is that lyrically, it doesn't have the 'oomph' of a line like "I thought it was cute of you to kiss my purple black eye" in there, but it's still a solid addition to the catalog. Also, there's some bonus Tweedy banter tacked onto the end, and who doesn't love Tweedy banter?

Wilco- Let's Fight

Stay tuned next week, when I'll begin to play catch up with "What I Listened to on My Summer Vacation".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home