Monday, May 29, 2006

Happy Memorial Day

I thought I should take some time out from all the barbeques and waiting in traffic jams from up north today to recognize what this holiday is really all about. I’m not talking about flag-waving, rah-rah support our troops stuff here, but rather the real honest-to-God human sacrifice that has been given in service to this country. It’s something I’m not sure I could ever do, which gives me the utmost respect for those do step up and risk it every day.

The song today is a gorgeous folk song coming from Jeff Tweedy and Wilco as an outtake from the Mermaid Avenue sessions, and its one that I think brings the spirit of Memorial Day out of the White House and right down to the individual people where it belongs.

Wilco- When The Roses Bloom Again

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home