Saturday, May 13, 2006

New Wilco!

So after staying up late last night to check out Wilco's appearance on Conan O'Brien during his week of shows in Chicago, I was treated to the terrific suprise of a brand new song by the band. I'd heard a few solo bootlegs of Jeff Tweedy singing this, but it was so much more incredible with the full band backing him. It's a bit of a departure for the band, going for a more soulful sound that recalls their early days doing straight up alt-country (Jeff has joked(?) that the song was written for Solomon Burke), but I really like it.

The song is either titled "We Can Make It Better" or "Is That The Thanks I Get?", depending on who you ask. I'm going with the former, because it comprises the awesome sing-along chorus. Also, I may be the first person in the blogosphere to get this out there, having made the mp3 rip myself.

Enjoy!

Wilco- We Can Make It Better (Live on Conan)

3 Comments:

Blogger Esquirrel, yo! said...

Thanks for stopping by at Kwaya Na Kisser. The song sounds very classic fm-ish, would be a great sing-along song live. The lyrics are quite simple but perhaps characteristic of Wilco. All in all, not a bad song.

Congratulations on the new blog! I am blogrolling you-anyone who posts live Wilco has great potential.

10:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yo . . . thanks for posting this.

7:37 PM  
Blogger Jeff Lakin said...

thanks, man... im a huge fan of your live show posts actually... really terrific stuff.

8:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home