Monday, August 06, 2007

New Nellie McKay: "Zombie"(!)

I've never made it a secret that I have a little bit of a celebrity crush on Nellie McKay... the jazz stylings, the tounge in cheek lyrics, the rabid left wing politics... I'm kind of a sucker for all of it.

And now on top of it all, she goes and releases a track off her forthcoming Obligatory Villagers album.... and its about zombies. Is she capitalizing off a pop culture trend that started with Shaun of the Dead and spawned numerous imitators? Of course she is. Does this make it any less adorable? Not at all.

::sigh::

Check out "Zombies" at Pitchfork

---
Amazingly, this is only the second best song I've heard about zombies this year... head on over to my friend Albert's MySpace and have a listen to the "Zombie Massacre Love Song"... this may actually be the first time Albert's stuff has been blogged about on here, but he's one of the most talented people I know and this is only one small example of the incredibly imaginative stuff he's come up with over the years.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love New Nellie McKay.
http://wofgtg.blogspot.com/

3:21 AM  
Anonymous Angelina joes said...

I really impressed by reading this article. In future, you should be giving information about it more. I must have to admire you for this extra ordinary section of work.

songs

1:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home