Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Travelogue Thursday: Australia (not Finland)


Yes, the band is called Architecture in Helsinki. Yes, they do in fact hail from Australia.

Why is this? I don’t know.

What I DO know is they make some of the most weirdly wonderful music I’ve ever heard. Too cutesy to be avant-garde, too manic to be twee, Architecture in Helsinki is broad expansive stuff, incorporating a range of instruments so wide their first album featured a chart to sort it all out with.

Usually, I write more… but this band just has to be experienced to understood.

Architecture in Helsinki- It’5!
[I mean, with a title like that, how can you not listen?]

NOTE: As my webspace is finally filling up, I thought I'd mention that to grab any of these songs for yourself before I take them down, right click on the links and select, save as... or whatever comparable option for your browser.... in case you didnt know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home